Friday, April 13, 2007

What Classic Film Am I?

I don't often take these things, mainly because I find the results a little too limiting. But I needed a quick space filler, and maybe, just maybe, I might be surprised by the outcome. So, I said, "What the hell..."


What Classic Movie Are You?
personality tests by similarminds.com

After all, so many of these things are done by people whose cultural timeline goes back to He-Man or Strawberry Shortcake. I might need to have other people report theirs to me, just so I can find out if it does indeed go deeper than 1979, the year of the film above. I was secretly hoping I would turn out to be Un Chien Andalou (and secretly fearing I would actually be Peeping Tom), but I am cool with the result. For now...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I was a variety of movies, but the most consistent was Schindler's List. I was Platoon the first time, I took it, then Schindler's List three times, and Sunset Boulevard once and then Schindler's List again. There are only about 9 possibilities, and most are older than Apocalypse Now. It's an interesting test, and it's based on their personality tests there. I don't know that I'm as selfless as Schindler's List would indicate, but I'm pretty sure I'm not as fame seeking as Sunset Boulevard or as paranoid as Platoon would indicate.

Matt

Rik Tod Johnson said...

I'm just amazed you took it more than once. The question: how many questions did you answer each time? You can answer as little as 9, or as many as 45. I took the big test, figuring if I was going to do it, it was going to be balls out.

I am saddened to hear there are so few choices. And for ruthless fame-seeking, I would think that All About Eve would be a better choice, since Sunset Blvd could also be tied into self-delusion and manic depression.

Anonymous said...

I took it at 45 each time, and while some questions will repeat, there is a larger pool available than 45 as far as I can tell.

It actually says to take it a few times to refine the results, and there was at least one question that I realized I had misunderstood the intent of the question as it applied to ME, so I think that skewed the first results as I answered it the opposite way the second time I saw it.

Or maybe I am a paranoid, selfish kind of guy...

ak_hepcat said...

Hey! Howiya!

Apparantly (45# quiz) I'm Easy Rider.

But looking at the other options, that's probably the closest. Plus, I look good in leathers on my motorcycle, so that's another benefit.

squeak said...

After 45 questions, I have been declared a Platoon. Probably because I look good in fatigues?

Mark Otis said...

Mr Smith Goes To Washington??!? Well, that's not the first time someone compared me to that film....(??!?)

The 50 Something or Other Songs of 2017: Part 2

In our last exciting episode, I reviewed tracks 50 through 31 on Rolling Stone's list of the Best 50 Songs of 2017 . How did those ...