Thursday, October 04, 2007

Watch Me Pull A Rabbit Out Of My Hat...

For my next illusion, I shall disappear almost completely from virtual notice for over three weeks! Poof! Four people in the audience shall notice and be mildly concerned, while the rest shall check their watches in a "we've seen this sort of thing before" move, and finished their yawn with an over-exaggerated "Woof!" followed by a extra gasp for needed air. I shall then reappear in much the same manner as I disappeared, with those four people applauding vociferously, and a handful of others adding to the mix with the sort of polite response they have been trained since birth to give as a manner of courtesy.

Disappear? Not really. It's all about perspective. I've been about my normal places off and on -- I've been highly visible if you have actually been around me -- but as it seems to happen each year, September is once again my month of choice for winding down for a bit, having a birthday, having Jen's birthday, worrying about money, and then worrying about money more because we take a financially ill-advised vacation at the same time. This year: Walt Disney World and all of its attendant silliness. For me, in a matter of moments, a quick leap to Idaho to road trip back with my father and drag behind us in our wake all manner of Rik-oriented Alaskan effluvia, none of which I have seen, family and stuff combined, for exactly -- to the day -- 2.5 years.

I am happy to be seeing them again, nervous to see all of my crap that I have to cram in my apartment, and saddened that I have not broken down (except for the Marceau obit) and written more over the past month. I am certain next week to see a renaissance, but only time will tell. I will hope to reappear once again magically on Monday. See you then.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I did wonder what was up, but my own silence for most of the past few weeks was similar, so I hadn't checked as much as I usually do. I'm happy to see you back!

Really, I am!

The 50 Something or Other Songs of 2017: Part 2

In our last exciting episode, I reviewed tracks 50 through 31 on Rolling Stone's list of the Best 50 Songs of 2017 . How did those ...