Sunday, April 19, 2009

Coachella Updates, just not here... technically...

So, I am not going to blog about the events at Coachella. I have decided to go the route of the internet "tweet" to post my notes about my adventures at the show in Indio, CA on Friday. Once we returned to the abode early last night after a delirious day mucking about in Palm Desert and Palm Springs after getting about four hours of sleep, I began posting a series of notes on Twitter recalling everything that I saw at the show.

"Recall" is perhaps not the appropriate term, as most of the notes were written at the show as they happened, or just after, on both notepad and on my phone. I had been planning to Twitter from the show itself, but the phone service truly sucked. We had full bars on our phones the entire time, but most likely due to all of the electrical equipment at use, I couldn't even call Jen properly from ten feet away. She could text me, and I would get it... but then I would try to reply -- and she wouldn't get the message until... well, last night. I sent two tweets that never arrived on my Twitter page when I checked it the following morning, nor did Jen get voicemail from me until well after the show. So, I gave up early, and decided to go this route.

If you want to catch up, check out my Facebook page (if you are a designated "friend")... or you can check out the handy listing on the right side of the blog here, from which you may click to read the whole damn series on my Twitter page. I will likely be putting these up well into this evening, or even tomorrow morning (Monday).

And, as a footnote, Raw Meat should have been there. Didn't have my musical wingman... but I have disappointed him as well recently by not drunkenly seeing Suicidal Tendencies a couple weeks back in L.A. Turnabout is fair play, I guess...

Hope you join me for the tweets...

No comments:

The 50 Something or Other Songs of 2017: Part 2

In our last exciting episode, I reviewed tracks 50 through 31 on Rolling Stone's list of the Best 50 Songs of 2017 . How did those ...