Monday, November 08, 2010

Countdown to Halloween 2011, Week #2: Stuff That Helps Me to Not Be Afraid of No Ghosts

The stuff that helps me to not be afraid of no ghosts (apart from the fact that I do not believe in the supernatural at all) comes courtesy of the local Ghostbusters chapter wthin my own home. What that translates into is that I have my own Ecto-1 at hand -- also known in some quarters as the Ecto-Mobile -- still on call for "cleanin' up the town."

I have figures of all the main Ghostbusters (technically, Real Ghostbusters) figures, but they never quite made it out for Halloween, so their time will have to come next year. However, for some obscure reason, I always seem to have the figures of Louis Tully and Janine Melnitz inside the Ecto-1. Slimer and Stay-Puft are also forever lurking about my place on one shelf or another, in the same way that the Ecto-1 is always on display, so they made the picture as well.

Gotta be ready in case "Paranormal Activity" suddenly becomes a real thing...

No comments:

The 50 Something or Other Songs of 2017: Part 2

In our last exciting episode, I reviewed tracks 50 through 31 on Rolling Stone's list of the Best 50 Songs of 2017 . How did those ...