Monday, October 31, 2005

Recently Rated Movies #5 (Halloween Weekend Edition, Day 2)

OK, by the time that I got around to seeing Vampire Bats on CBS Sunday night, I had been up since five that morning, and so I knew it was going to be rough going staying awake for the duration of this Lucy Lawless-starrer (a sort of sequel to Locusts, which appeared earlier this year on the same network, and to which I will admit I did not see). Jen wanted to see Craig Ferguson's cameo as "Fisherman #1" (which he has joked about incessantly on his show), and once he appeared (amusing as expected) and was dispatched by the bloodthirsty, titular villains, she was fast asleep. I made it halfway through and then was out for the evening. (At least, I was until four this morning. More on that below.) Judging from the first half, I didn't miss much in the second. (Though there is a rating below, I did not actually vote for it on IMDb. I don't vote for a film unless I have seen the entire thing. The rating below is merely for reference.)

It is now almost 7:30 a.m. and I have to go to work, but I have already seen three films this morning, so I will get to my office without feeling that I am totally missing out on my favorite day. Here are the Day 2 ratings:

Bedlam (1946) (DVD) - 7
The Ghost Breakers (1940) (TCM) - 6
It Came From Outer Space (1953) (TCM) - 7
The Creature from the Haunted Sea (1961) (DVD) - 4
The Mad Monster (1942) (DVD) - 3
Vampire Bats (2005) (CBS) (first hour only) - 4.

No comments:

The 50 Something or Other Songs of 2017: Part 2

In our last exciting episode, I reviewed tracks 50 through 31 on Rolling Stone's list of the Best 50 Songs of 2017 . How did those ...