Monday, October 10, 2005

Recently Rated Movies #1

Someday, I will discuss my ratings system to a greater degree. For the moment, let me state that I rate on a scale from 1 to 9, not so much to piss on the IMDb 10-ratings system, but actually to piss on the 4 or 5 star systems so prevalent in review culture instead, which make no sense to my head whatsoever. Somehow, mathematically, the 9-system does make sense to me.

Every few days on this site, I am planning to post a list of the latest films that I have seen either in theatres, on TV or video, and the subsequent ratings that I have given them. (This is mainly to give me a quick-hit item to throw up on the blog on days when I don't have the time to devote to a larger post.)

And so, without further delays, the first of those lists:

Tongan Ninja (2002, DVD) - 5
A History of Violence (2005) - 8
Saw (2004, DVD) - 6
Chikyu Boeigun [The Mysterians] (1957, DVD) - 6
Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit (2005) - 8

No comments:

The 50 Something or Other Songs of 2017: Part 2

In our last exciting episode, I reviewed tracks 50 through 31 on Rolling Stone's list of the Best 50 Songs of 2017 . How did those ...