Saturday, October 15, 2005

Recently Rated Movies #2

Just a couple of films to add today. My theatre plans fell through earlier in this week, so Good Night and Good Luck will have to wait until later (it was not playing in our area yet on Tuesday, much to our dismay). A second viewing of Serenity is the target for us tonight, and I plan on seeing the new version of The Fog in the theatre tomorrow.

If anyone is interested in the full breadth of my vote history on IMDB, they have recently added a new feature that allows public viewing (as long as the viewer is a registered user of the site) of a friend's movie ratings. The link is now listed on my Link section on the side of this page, and I will also list it here for those interested:

And now, with only a smidgen of ado, a couple of new ratings. Both films were DVDs that I purchased today and have watched already (it is my Saturday off), and one of them is most timely indeed, given that I just mentioned the new version of it above. I felt it was time to catch back up with the underwhelming but atmospheric original, along with the still genuinely creepy 1978 remake of one of my favorite films of all time, Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

I don't normally go outside of my normal Amazon/Best Buy/Costco channels for purchasing, but there was a promotional candy display in the Halloween section at the local grocery with a batch of horror films, all for $9.99, and these two caught my eye. I did, however, have to deal with the bag-girl's teenybopper assessment of the new version of The Fog, which she had seen the night before and hated. "It was, like, so boring, andifeellikeiwastedtendollars! I guess it had some scary stuff, though..." (This is exactly what she said and how she said it.) I will see for myself...

The Fog (1980) - 6
Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978) - 8

No comments:

The 50 Something or Other Songs of 2017: Part 2

In our last exciting episode, I reviewed tracks 50 through 31 on Rolling Stone's list of the Best 50 Songs of 2017 . How did those ...