Netfluxxed Beyond All Recognition, Answer #1: Flamenco (1995)

I'm not saying I wouldn't want to watch an entire film filled with flamenco dancing. In fact, it could be quite entertaining, especially were it to be filmed with the flair appropriate to such a beautiful and dynamic dance form. From all signs -- largely positive reviews, high ratings from random viewers on IMDB, Netflix, Amazon and other movie boards -- Flamenco, a 1995 film by Carlos Saura, could really be something to behold.

I just don't know how it was suggested to me on Netflix.

Let me qualify this: I pretty much know how it was suggested to me. I know that they compare what you like on Netflix to what others like on Netflix, and then figure if those others like a movie you had not seen, then you would like it if you saw it. I know its a computer program using algorithms that I neither care nor want to bother caring about for too long.

But I want to pretend I just don't know how it was suggested to me on Netflix. I wish to feign astonishment for the sake of a hearty laugh, a shake of the head and a heavy sigh of disbelief. It's my world, after all.

I won't belabor this much beyond this point. I just find this all highly amusing. Given the titles I did rate highly (not even all movies I might add, nor even all in color, nor even all with sound, nor even all comedies, none of them concentrating at all on music or dance, etc., etc....), I find the connection to this film extremely tenuous by any standard. And now I am on the lookout for even crazier selections. I can't even begin to imagine.

But now, I guess I am going to have to rent Flamenco. Damn it...

Comments

yeah, I had a feeling looking for connections would be futile. I would never have guessed that.

Popular posts from this blog

Refilling the Flagon of Chuckles (or at Least an Extra Tall Improv Glass)...

Before We Take Off...

The Monster's on the Loose!!! Non-Chaney, Pt. 2: Werewolves Along the Wall

Guillermo Del Toro: At Home with Monsters at LACMA 2016, Pt. 2

Ignoring the Ignoramus...

Parallax