Monday, June 30, 2008

My Back Still Sucks, My Knee is Knocked, But I Return Anew...

Another period of feeling fantastic followed swiftly by an absolute assault on nearly every portion of my body. That's what hit me the last couple of weeks. Every time I get rolling -- exercising fully, walking several miles a day, hitting the crunches and whatnot (while simultaneously keeping the writing muscles loose and limber) -- something sidelines me. First, a bad cold a couple of weeks ago. This led to coughing fits which kept me straining to not throw out my back again like I did in a most severe way last year. Then, once the cough went away, and I was punch-drunk with giddiness over feeling good, the back went in a totally unrelated way. Then the knee again, due to manner in which I ended up walking due to the lower back pain.

I managed to fit in a post a week through much of June -- far below my normal routine, but the need to finish the Roadshow quartet kept me focused in those few pain-free moments. And thanks to laying about a bit more, I piled up massive amounts of viewed films. I am still not tip-top -- even now, sitting at the computer, the back is making me cringe every time I move too severely, but I am back to running about at my normal Mach 5 speed and looking forward to catching up on my usual expansive piddling about on the Pylon. Sorry for you, good for my mental well-being.

It's what this is all about anyway. And once I start feeling fantastic once again, I am sure I will step wrong to avoid crushing one of the dogs and I will be thrown backwards over the coffee table and the back and knee will go out at the same time... and then a month later, I will be tapping out another one of these largely unread reaffirmations of my personal prime directive, stating my purpose to once more begin spewing out media-related diatribes in the spirit of my usual prolific self.

It's my cycle, it's vicious to a certain degree, and -- what the hell --- if it's the way things must be, I might as well own the damn thing. See you tomorrow, me!

No comments:

The 50 Something or Other Songs of 2017: Part 2

In our last exciting episode, I reviewed tracks 50 through 31 on Rolling Stone's list of the Best 50 Songs of 2017 . How did those ...