Friday, September 10, 2010

Flickchart Comment #12: Wizards (1977) vs. Scanners (1981)


Ah! Both staples of my early video-watching life. Watched these films dozens of times back in the '80s, own them both, and have also seen them both in the last year as well.

Scanners holds up best. It's head-explosion scene gets replayed everywhere, but for me, there is still nothing quite so cool as the final scanner battle at the end of the film. Love Robert Silverman in it as well. So friggin' nuts.

Wizards has not aged as well, and I must admit that there things that always bothered me about it, but I was too happy just grooving on it and its slightly anti-Disney edge back in the day to care. Gotta go with Cronenberg, though...

No comments:

The 50 Something or Other Songs of 2017: Part 2

In our last exciting episode, I reviewed tracks 50 through 31 on Rolling Stone's list of the Best 50 Songs of 2017 . How did those ...