Friday, October 22, 2010

Random Abode Monsters & Spookage #5: Monsters from the Universal Backlog, Pt. 1

Not a lot of time tonight. Two movies I need to cram in now since I have to write a piece for work in the morning (and hopefully not much beyond that). Can't miss the mail pickup in the late a.m.; otherwise I won't maximize my Netflix rentals before Halloween.

So, here is what you get tonight: a couple of official Universal Monster sliding puzzles, copyrighted 1991. Universal had a big push on their famous creations that year. I remember Doritos stickers, soda box designs, and a vast array of toys, some decent and some, like these puzzles, really annoying to use.

Here's a tip next time you think about making a sliding puzzle game. Slightly round the corners of your pieces in order to ease the user's ability to slide from slot to slot. These puzzles are swell to have, but man, I hate using them. It's the one time I would think about joining the villagers...

No comments:

The 50 Something or Other Songs of 2017: Part 2

In our last exciting episode, I reviewed tracks 50 through 31 on Rolling Stone's list of the Best 50 Songs of 2017 . How did those ...